3 Big Tips on How to Move Abroad
- Look at your options and find out what country you want to move to.
- Find out the process involved in getting accommodation.
- Do you need a contact? How do you get one? For us moving to England, we needed to have contact already in England.
- Search for job possibilities and see what sort of demand there is.
- Pick what city or town you would like to move to.
- Find out about any local customs that are useful to know about.
- Find out if you will you need to purchase health insurance for the duration of your stay?
- To live in another country you will most likely need a visa but not in all cases.
- You should also research if you can even get a visa for the country you want to live in.
- Learn about the different types of visas and their requirements.
- Be prepared to have a sum of money in your bank to fulfill most working holiday visa requirements.
- Sort through your possessions and figure out what is worth keeping.
- Moving to another country can involve travelling long distances so having less stuff can save you energy, make things easier and save you money.
- Travelling to another country is a lot easier if you don't have a lot of stuff to put in storage.
- You don't have to get rid of all your possessions but minimizing helps.
- Depending on how much stuff you have you might be able to store it with friends and family.
- Don't forget to let all of your accounts know you are moving. ie. Medical, Doctor, Banks, Investments, and even the Government.
If you liked this post then you might like our post on Money Saving Tips and Tricks While Travelling.