Money Saving Tips and Tricks While Travelling
We've put together some money saving tips for while you are travelling. We hope this list will help you save money while you are on your next adventure.
- Walk - Not only is walking free, but it is also a great way to explore the city. Plan out each day by choosing the destinations closest together. That way you can walk to each one.
- Public Transportation - Eliminate costs by using trams, buses or trains. Taxi's can be quite expensive. Tour buses can be even more expensive. We usually take a hop on hop off bus tour map, and plan our trip using it as a guide for walking or using public transportation.
- Off Peak - Travelling after 930 am or during the week will reduce the cost of travel greatly. This includes Hotel prices, flights, trains and buses.
- Grocery Shopping - Eating out is very expensive. Finding the nearest grocery store for buying breakfast foods, sandwich stuff or other non perishable items is a great way to see what the locals eat and save a lot of money. A lot of hotels have a mini bar fridge in the rooms, so you can store some food in there as well.
- Free Tourist Attractions - By researching the place you are heading to, you can usually search "Free Tourist Attractions" Or "Coupons for Tourist Attractions" We have been able to find 2 for 1 coupons, free museums, awesome hikes, parks and tours.
Travelling doesn't have to be expensive. Don't fall for the tourist traps and explore like a local.
Check out our trip to Copenhagen, Denmark and see how we travel the city: